Kathy doing a selfie

Kathy doing a selfie

Thursday, August 14, 2014

My Daughter, Naomi, has left the House RIP Beautiful Child



On Tuesday, August 12, 2014, I received a phone call from my daughter, Adina.  She asked me if I had been on Face Book and I answered, no, not today.  She told me, "Mom, I have really bad news", my heart stopped, you know, that fear, the heavy hand on your body?  "Naomi is in the hospital, on life support, with no brain activity, her son, Jonah posted."  


Naomi is my oldest child, my first born.  We had been apart for many years, she had lived with her dad and step-mom.  We had not been in contact since she was 12 years old.  Due to her son, Jonah's search for me, we reconnected and now I had her back and two awesome grand-sons.  We began healing.  We shared everything, the good, the bad and the ugly, the what if's, why nots, could haves.  It was painful, wonderful, healing. 


I remember finding out I was carrying her.  So many mixed feelings, fear of the unknown, joy at the thought of a new life, fear that I couldn't be a mom.  Feeling this precious new life moving around inside of me, the glow of knowing what was happening to me.


The years went by so quickly, and since we reconnected, time even went by faster.  We made plans to visit in the future.  Then....


Tuesday night, her sons fly to their mom's side, the plane arrived and on Wednesday they were by her bedside, both sons, holding their mom in their arms.  The time came and God took her home, from their loving arms into His.   


All of us were shocked by her untimely death.  No one was prepared, no one ready.  Our lesson was that time is so precious, the people around you whom you love are but a second in our lives compared to eternity.  We need to not waste what time we are given on being small minded, angry, non-forgiving, saying words to hurt and harm each other.  We may not get the time to make amends.  What you say and do, right now, may be the last thing that you say or do.  


For me, I want to be God's light in this world.  I want to have people remember me, not for my past mistakes or sins, but for what I have done and am doing since I met the Lord.  I want love to flow from me to the ones I love and care for.


Naomi, thank you for your precious gift of you sons, Jonah and Elijah, for your forgiveness of me, for reconnecting and loving me, just as I am.  I loved you from the second I knew you were forming inside of me and always will.


Good bye for now, my precious child.


 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kathy, I am so sorry to hear of this sad news for you and your family! But glad to hear it seems Naomi knew the Lord Jesus as her Saviour, praise God! Praying that He will hold you and your family close and comfort you as no other can, in your time of grieving. Thanking Him also, that you had some time to reconnect and heal your relationship before she left this world.
    *Huggggggs*
    Annette R.

    ReplyDelete